Thursday, July 22, 2010

Androgyny goes urban


When is comes to fashion, some things are just meant to trend constantly. No, I'm not referencing Twitter; what I mean to say is that some things are too classic to ever truly go out of style. Case in point? The Oxford style shoe. Originating in Scotland way back in the day, this shoe has been supporting stylistas everywhere for way longer than I would be willing to calculate. The greatest part about this shoe is it's versatility. From the typical flat to a cut-out version or even a heel, this shoe can take you anywhere you want it to. The Oxford is no longer just a hipster staple, ladies. Shorts, jeans, leggings, dresses; you name it and it works. A nice alternative to boring ballet flats, if you ask me. Big name designers picked up on the idea some time ago and now stores that cater to the masses are following suit; Anthropologie, Urban Outfitters, and Forever 21 are just a few of the many stores who are putting this great style in stock. Back to school staple? I know it definitely is for me, in any case.


Cheers,

Elise

Anthropologie Cut-Out Oxford

Forever21 Traditional Oxford

Gucci Stiletto Oxford

No comments:

Post a Comment