Thursday, July 8, 2010

Mallorie: The Down Low

Aesthetic - At the moment, I'm completely obsessed with the resurrection of the grunge movement. I'm not exactly waifish or strung out enough for the whole look to be entirely flattering and/or convincing on me, but I'm doing what I can to incorporate it in the future. For now, you're likely to find me living in vampy cocktail dresses and blouse/skirt combos with decidedly rock n roll accents. If you add in a dash of bohemian tendencies, a penchant for ruffles, and a considerable amount of floral prints - my entire wardrobe begins to materialize.

Top 3 Designers:
1. Balmain
2. Elie Saab
3. Marchesa
(Honorable Mentions - Nina Ricci, Herve Leger)

Current Covets:
1. Doc Martens - classic black 1460's
2. Boyfriend Flannel Buttondown - for pairing with a body con dress and said doc martens
3. Layered Statement Necklaces

Not Cute:
1. JEAN MINI SKIRTS WITH LEGGINGS. In fact, I'm having a difficult time thinking of a scenario in which either of those things are ok, in any context.
2. The myth that things have to match. As stacy and clinton would say, "It's about going, not matching." & if you don't know who stacy and clinton are, this is not the place for you.
3. Denim on denim - not sure exactly when and why this became a trend, but I am NOT a fan.

Band of the Moment:
The XX

Current Favorite Movie:
Empire Records

No comments:

Post a Comment