Thursday, July 8, 2010

Elise, uploaded

Mallorie and I started this blog on a whim; we want to talk about anything and everything that we find inspiring, starting with fashion and ending just about anywhere. These first two entries are just to give you an overview about us. Who we are, what we like, what we don't like, etc. Our next entries could be anything from writing to video; we want to share as much as possible with whoever is out there listening.

Fashion Aesthetic Overview;

I am currently living entirely in the moment, fashion wise. That is not to say that I am mindlessly following some sort of handbook that is being shoved down my throat; I merely chose not to label my look with any specific references. Some days I feel like being a tribal princess, others a beach babe, others a resurrection of the rock and roll movement we have all embraced so vicariously as a new trend. Put together an assortment of beachy dresses, vicious shoes, bright hues, and assorted vests and cardigans, and my wardrobe begins to shape. By themselves, most pieces seem fairly ordinary; it is the careful pairing, layering, and whimsy that goes into them that completes my style.

Top 3 designers of the moment

1. Marc Jacobs

2. Karl Lagerfeld

3. Alexander McQueen

Top covets of the moment

1. Doc Martens

2. Mini Cross-body bag

3. Ultra bright colored cardigan, preferably in a red hue

Three least favorite trends

(personality disclaimer; I am best known for my scathing honesty.)

1. Peasant skirts; we are not gypsies, people

2. Bermuda shorts; if you’re over 12, just move up or down a few inches, mmk?

3. Tunics as dresses; it’s a long shirt, not a mini dress. Mini dresses are for hookers.

Three favorite bands of the moment

1. Vampire Weekend

2. Florence and the Machine

3. Paramore

Three favorite movies

1. Dazed and Confused

2. High Fidelity

3. The Usual Suspects

1 comment:

  1. Well done ladies! In my day the designers were Thierry Mugler, Christain Lacroix, Jean-Paul Gautier and St Laurent....
    Fashion runs in 7yr cycles and seasons so customers will buy more to keep up with the trends. You girls have found some amazing classics I will totally covet! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete